Promotion of Access to Information Act
The Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000 (Act No. 2 of 2002) was enacted to give effect to the constitutional right of access to any information held by any private or public body that is required for the exercise or protection of any rights. Certain requirements, however, have to be met for access to any information being granted.
The Act requires that a manual be prepared to assist people in exercising their right of access to information. This manual is available below.
Click here to read the manual
ABRIDGED MANUAL PREPARED IN TERMS OF SECTION 51 OF THE PROMOTION OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT, 2000 (Act No. 2 OF 2000) FOR THE FOLLOWING ENTITY:
PLEXUS WEALTH (PTY) LIMITED
(Registration number 2005/034968/07)
1. CONTACT DETAILS (Section 51(1)(a))
Information Officer: Mr Eric Jones
87 Dorp Street
T: +27 (0) 31 940 0471
C: +27 (0) 21 200 0406
C: +27 (0) 82 922 3167
F: +27 (0) 31 584 6288
Click here to email
2. THE SECTION 10 GUIDE ON HOW TO USE THE ACT (Section 51(1)(b))
The Guide will be available from the South African Human Rights Commission.
Please direct any queries to:
The South African Human Rights Commission
The Research and Documentation Department
Private Bag 2700
Tel: +27 (0) 11 484 8300
Fax: +27 (0) 11 484 0582
Click here to email
3. RECORDS AVAILABLE IN TERMS OF ANY OTHER LEGISLATION (Section 51(1)(d)) – THIS IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST
- Value-Added Tax Act, 1991 (Act No. 89 of 1991)
- Income Tax Act, 1962 (Act No. 58 of 1962)
- Unemployment Insurance Act, 1966 (Act No. 30 of 1966)
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act, 1997 (Act No. 75 of 1997)
- Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act, 1993 (Act No. 130 of 1993)
- Skills Development Act, 1998 (Act No. 97 of 1998)
4. ACCESS TO THE RECORDS HELD (Sections 51(1)(c) and 51(1)(e))
The following categories of information are available:
Statutory Company Information (Companies Act, 1973 (Act No. 61 of 1973) (as amended)
Financial and Administration Matters
Any request made for information must be requested in accordance with Section 53 of the Act and directed to the Information Officer. A fee will be charged in respect of any request for records.
5. OTHER INFORMATION AS MAY BE PRESCRIBED (Section 51(1)(f))
The Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development has not in terms of Section 92 of the Act made any regulations in this regard.
6. AVAILABILITY OF THE MANUAL (Section 51(3))
The Manual is also available for inspection at the offices of Plexus Wealth (Pty) Ltd free of charge; and copies are available with the SAHRC and in the Gazette.